NEWS: Our legal service phone lines are open 9am-4.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, but we are closed to the public each Wednesday and for lunch each other day (1pm-2pm). Legal - (02) 4628 2042 Domestic Violence - (02) 4640 7333 - Tenancy - (02) 4628 1678 - Children's Court Assistance Service - 0474 705 00

Care and Protection


Macarthur Legal Centre (‘MLC’) can help parents, grandparents and carers, who have issues with the child protection system in NSW.

What can we do to help ?

MLC can provide legal advice in the following types of matters:

  1. Parents or carers who have been contacted by Communities and Justice NSW (in regard to child safety concerns).
  2. Parents negotiating terms of ‘Parental Responsibility Contracts’ or ‘Parental Capacity Orders’.
  3. Parents/carers or extended family wanting to vary contact orders.
  4. Initial advice about prospects of restoration (where children are in the care of the Minister).

What we cannot help with?

We can’t provide representation in Children’s Court proceedings.   Clients needing representation in Court should call their local Legal Aid NSW office, the Legal Aid Early Intervention Unit (1800 551 589) or the Aboriginal Legal Service on (1800 733 233 – Aboriginal clients only).

Contact Us

Call us on (02) 4628 2042 for further information.

View All

Latest News


16 Mar 2022

2020-2021 Annual Report

Our 2020-2021 MLC Annual Report highlights our achievements in FY 2020-2021 and outlines our plans for the year ahead.


20 Jul 2017

Help Support Our Community

Do you own or work for a business in the Macarthur, Wollondilly, Narellan, Camden or Goulburn regions of NSW? Do you want to help make a difference in people’s lives? Are you interested in supporting your community? Do you believeREAD MORE

eNews Signup