Aboriginal Legal Assistance
MLC is committed to providing culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in our region.
We run a legal outreach service at Tharawal Aboriginal Corporation in Airds (alternate Thursdays), where clients can see a solicitor for free legal advice and assistance.
We are also committed to:
- Liaising with local Aboriginal organisations/workers for better working relationships.
- Establishing reliable networks of specialist workers for warm referral purposes.
- Actively participating in local community events (for example: NAIDOC, Sorry Day, Reconciliation Week).
- Providing information, support and referral for Aboriginal clients as appropriate.
- Ensuring workers across the centre undertake cultural training on a regular basis.